Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all website design services offered by The Web Workhouse. By ordering services from The Web Workhouse you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a website which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and The Web Workhouse.
- The Web Workhouse cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- The Web Workhouse will not be liable for costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed deadlines or website completion.
- All material, both text and images supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by The Web Workhouse, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of The Web Workhouse until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- The Web Workhouse makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- The Web Workhouse will submit a client's website to several of the major search engines as part of the design commission. If a client wishes The Web Workhouse to promote a website as a separate commission, The Web Workhouse will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placing's in search engine results.
- The Web Workhouse can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's web site.
- The Web Workhouse will initially place the client's website on one of our demonstration servers during in order that the client may view and comment upon the website's progress. When both The Web Workhouse and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, The Web Workhouse will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, The Web Workhouse will publish the website on the client's server, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that The Web Workhouse judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, The Web Workhouse will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- The Web Workhouse expects payment by cheque, or cash within 7 days of the date on the invoice.
- Any payment returned by the bank or will incur a £15 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- The Web Workhouse does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes The Web Workhouse maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, The Web Workhouse will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Website maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- The Web Workhouse will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. And makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide.
- We shall use all reasonable endeavors to make available to you at all times the Server and the Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of Service or down-time of the Server.
- The Web Workhouse reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from The Web Workhouse prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
The Web Workhouse reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.